POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : First try with Photons - help? : Re: First try with Photons - help? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First try with Photons - help?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 14 Mar 2001 20:28:39
Message: <chrishuff-D2DFC9.20241514032001@news.povray.org>
In article <3ab01033$1@news.povray.org>, "John M. Dlugosz"
<joh### [at] dlugoszcom> wrote:

> It's a simple curve made with a cylinder.  I tried moving the light
> source a tad, nothing I can use with strum.  I posted the code in a
> reply to Ken.

You have a quartic object! This seems to be the source of the
problem...using "sturm" in it eliminates the line in my tests.
There are several other problems as well..."refraction" and "caustics"
are no longer used in a finish{} statement, "refraction" is now "ior",
and both are in interior{}. You have several coincident surfaces
problems...mainly with cylinders and differences. You are missing a
semicolon at the end of the declaration for "ft". However, the scene
seems to render fine...but these should be fixed.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><